Talk

Advanced search

Discouraging biting

(2 Posts)
Thistledew Fri 12-May-17 21:51:32

DS is 9 months old. He has 4 teeth - two bottom and two top. He seems to have a tendency to bite. Sometimes it is to express his displeasure/ frustration - feet and ankles when I am trying to prepare food; arms and chest etc when DH and I try to convince him to settle in our bed at 5 am rather than climb all over us. Sometimes it is just playfulness or excitement- when we are playing, or more concerning, when he meets other babies.

Any advice on how to discourage him, or do I have to just hope he grows out of it soon.

PeanutJuice Sat 13-May-17 08:46:11

This sounds like my 10mo, I find that when she bites/pulls hair I just put her down, look her in the eye and say, no biting, quite firmly. She definitely understands in that moment, but of course forgets and does it again so I'm just trying to be consistent and hope she will learn. I think by putting her down in the moment/removing myself, it will stop the over excitement and she will realise it's not fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now