Talk

Advanced search

Head teacher's office...

(5 Posts)
flimflaminurjams Thu 11-May-17 21:34:38

How many times has your kid been sent to the HT office and how old are they?

Trying to gauge what is considered normal/acceptable and not - i.e. lads getting into scrapes or whatnot.

FWIW I was never sent to HT office as a kid for behaviour. DH on the other hand was apparently a little nuisance for the first few yrs in primary. Wouldn't think it now - he's as good as gold grin wink

NuffSaidSam Thu 11-May-17 22:18:27

For bad behaviour:

DC1 (12) - 0
DC2 (10) - 1 (he was in nursery at the time!)
DC3 (9) - 0
DC4 (5) - 0 (although I'm almost certain it will come at some point!)

These are the ones I know about. There might have been more, but I've never been told!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Fri 12-May-17 07:54:52

Like Nuff I can only go on what they've told me and neither has ever been sent to the Head for discipline. Just wished they behaved that well at home!

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Fri 12-May-17 08:15:29

It's not a way of judging behaviour. Different schools have different policies, even for different children. One child couldn't care less about missing break, but may hate being sent to the HT, whereas another may be gutted to miss break, but not be bothered by having a chat with the HT. By your criteria, child no2 may miss a break every week, yet not appear as 'naughty' as the child who gets sent to the HT once a term.

Or there's one of my dc, probably on the Spectrum, who would be sent to the HT's office several times a year. Not because of misbehaviour, but because they were getting distressed or overwhelmed, and sitting in calm, quiet, small, subtly supervised environment got them back to a learning frame of mind faster than anything else.

Witchend Fri 12-May-17 15:02:53

I'd agree with the others. Also can depend on the teacher-I remember we had one at primary who sent very easily (looking back she was quite a weak teacher, so I suspect they might have had an agreement there) and others who never would except to remove a child who was becoming a danger to themselves or others.

Also at my dc's juniors they would usually get sent to the head of year followed by deputy head before the head's office. So only to the heads office for really big issues. A smaller school wouldn't have the other people to send them to.

Probably worth talking to his teacher and seeing how she feels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now