Talk

Advanced search

What's your child scared of?

(19 Posts)
laura6032 Tue 09-May-17 11:21:34

My boy is 3.5 and is apparently scared of old ladies?? Not all old ladies, just some. I said to him that granny is an old lady, oh no she's not, grans a gran, not a lady.
I wouldn't mind so my but he does sometimes try to hit them!

What are your kids scared of? Lx

whoisA Tue 09-May-17 11:26:58

My 8 year old is terrified of people with dwarfism, it's awful.

user1491572121 Tue 09-May-17 12:42:22

One DD aged 12 is afraid of sleep paralasys. She's never had it but has read about it hmm the other, aged 9...she's afraid of nothing except me not being there the second she wakes in the morning. Again hmm

MrsPringles Tue 09-May-17 13:43:45

DS is 2.5 and terrified of hand dryers. Public toilets are a nightmare.

blacksheep2014 Tue 09-May-17 13:55:28

Not my dc but I used to work with a family whose ds was afraid of things blowing away in the wind! Got to the stage he would go into melt down during outdoor activities if there was even a breath of wind. We tried lots of strategies to support him, making boats, playing with kites, hood up incase it was sensory issue. In the end he just woke up one morning and wasn't afraid anymore.

Mrsknackered Tue 09-May-17 19:28:15

Another one for hand dryers here. And hoovers. And the blender. He's 4.
He's also terrified of bats. He had constant nightmares about them so we had to take him to see some bats and see that they only eat fruit, not little boys toes hmm

Graceflorrick Tue 09-May-17 19:30:34

Bees and wasps.

SilverLinings2014 Tue 09-May-17 20:22:54

Cars and Dogs for my 2.5 yo DD. Seriously, going anywhere can be a challenge!

JumpingJellybeanz Tue 09-May-17 20:26:21

Bubble bath. Not all types, just the strong detergenty smelling ones. He's not just scared. He's utterly terrified of it.

SierraJensen Tue 09-May-17 20:29:47

Yes, hand dryers and the hoover here too for dd who is 2. Also the food processor.

Highmaintenancefemalestuff Tue 09-May-17 20:32:20

Church bells. Every Monday night we used to be able to hear them from his bedroom and I'd have to sit with him til 9pm when they stopped.
Which has just made me realise, we have moved near to a busy road recently and not heard them since.

angelopal Tue 09-May-17 20:32:51

3 year old scared of hand dryers, Hoover and motor bikes.

Anditstartsagain Tue 09-May-17 20:40:39

My 5 year old is terrified of ants really to the point he tried to jump from an 8 foot climbing frame because he seen one, 8 foot drop was apparently nothing compaired to the big bad ant.

MuchBenham Tue 09-May-17 20:41:37

Tunnels - and used to be scared of hand dryers but that suddenly stopped, thankfully, because like the PP, using public toilets was tricky at times. My DC just used to wipe hands on me instead! When I was a kid I was scared​ of fireworks, fairgrounds, men with beards... I was am such a scaredy cat.

JesusDontWantMeForASunbeam Tue 09-May-17 20:47:00

Hand driers, balloons, loud noises, the Hoover, doors slamming, flies, bees, ants, spiders, daddy long legs, wasps, goats, horses.
That's the 3 year old.
That's not a complete list. I swear he changes things daily just to fuck with me.

The 8 year old- wasps, birthday parties (ADHD and struggles with the sensory overload), people not liking him and heights.

6 year old- failing at anything, wasps, bees

Minesril Fri 12-May-17 19:24:30

The dragon in 'room on the broom'. I hope they make 'zog' next xmas to repair some of the dragon damage!

lilyborderterrier Sat 13-May-17 21:26:57

My 4 year old isn't keen on cats, ( we've stopped her screaming at them as we walk past, there's a few on our street)
She is scared of sheep poo !! Not good when we walk off road with the dog and she's started becoming hysterical at the sight of blood ( grazes and scabs) but thankfully a plaster sorts her out.

longlostgin Sat 13-May-17 22:12:52

Flies, bees, wasps

EatDessertFirst Sun 14-May-17 09:20:32

DD (now 8) was scared of toys that move/make noise on their own (i.e trains that move after a button is pushed) and the Jammie Dodger Monkeys on the advert.
DS (6) is scared of his teeth falling out. Which is a nightmare as he has a flappy front tooth at the moment confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now