Talk

Advanced search

BF at night with 4 month old

(6 Posts)
momoh Mon 08-May-17 10:09:12

I have a baby almost 4 months old. He is exclusively breastfed and doesn't take a dummy. I've not noticed a drop in night feeds. I'm still waking up 3/4 times during the night to feed him. Is this normal? I'm also going to transition him into his cot. Initially, I was thinking of putting him in the cot for his naps and his night sleep however, because of the feeding, I'm thinking to put him in the cot during naps only as it'll be easier for me to feed him at noughts he's up at least 3 times in the night. Any advice on this? Thanks!

YellowRoses6 Mon 08-May-17 17:24:55

3-4 night feeds for a four month old sounds very normal to me!

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 08-May-17 20:21:01

Sounds perfectly normal to me too, however you feed your baby smile

Bibs2014 Mon 08-May-17 20:33:56

Yes normal! smile

C0untDucku1a Mon 08-May-17 20:35:57

With breastfeedimg try to not count times and then worry about too much. They feed when they want food. Go with the flow.

TeaTeaTea Tue 09-May-17 16:46:05

Sounds normal to me too - I did put my DS in room around 4months so had to keep getting up and sitting in his room to feed 3 times a night. Was a faff but liked that at least he was settled in his room. If it helps I saw a big change when started weaning at 6months - I was still up in the night but only once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now