Talk

Advanced search

Baby only sleeps through with DH

(5 Posts)
Homey91 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:00:21

My 11 week old baby will only sleep through the night if only my DH is in the room and I'm in the other room. If we all sleep together he will cry for a feed every few hours. Every so often to give me a break my DH will wait until I'm asleep and sleep with baby in the room next door and everytime he will sleep through the whole night. Has anyone else experienced this???

Harvey246 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:03:29

No but I'd say if your baby is sleeping through the night at all at 11 weeks you're very lucky!! He probably smells your milk when he's with you if you're breastfeeding?

Homey91 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:18:52

I'm not breastfeeding but I did wonder whether if it was my smell. Yes very thankful smile

Harvey246 Sat 29-Apr-17 22:06:52

Yes maybe he still associates you with feeding? God, I don't know but enjoy the sleep!!

Ecureuil Sat 29-Apr-17 22:09:10

I can't really comment as my 3.5 year old doesn't sleep through but I always found that as I'm a lighter sleeper than DH I'd wake up to the slightest noises and then feed to settle them again, whereas DH would sleep through some noises and they'd resettle themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now