Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Violent night terrors - help!

(2 Posts)
user1472392429 Sat 29-Apr-17 17:14:11

Hi, im hoping someone can offer some advice on my 3yr old little boy. Ive recently left my emotionally abusive husband and moved my son and I to a new home. Since moving (1 week ago) my son has been waking up screaming, running to me in my bed and literally climbing onto my bed and smacking, hitting, scratching, biting anything he can do to hurt me, its getting quite frightening and he only 3! Hes incredibly strong so it actually hurts and catches me unaware. Its so upsetting. I literally had to get under the covers last night to protect myself as he was leaning over me smacking and trying to scratch my face and arms it was just awful. I pushed him off and lept out of bed but it just made him worse. He has a glazed expression and can not be calmed during these episodes which indicates night terrors. Eventually after 30 min - 1hr he comes put of it, is exhausted and goes back to bed and falls back to sleep. Its incredible. Im actually feeling anxious about going to bed and im scared as he gets older his strength will increase. Hes always had extream behaviour but this was particularly violent towards me im quite worried about him. Its happened every night since we moved so im wondering if i should see the gp? He is being assessed in three weeks for sensory processing disorder and has a lot of symptoms of some brain disorder. I wanted to ask if anyone has ever tried giving there LO seditives just to get through the night to help him sleep as hes obviously struggling with moving house? I just dont know what to do to help him. Thanks for any advice.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sat 29-Apr-17 17:32:47

That all sounds incredibly tough. Would putting a stair gate on his door help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now