Talk

Advanced search

One to two when did it get better?

(6 Posts)
auberginefrog Wed 26-Apr-17 14:19:08

I have a 27 month old DD and a 4 week old DS. DD has been super clingy and having truly epic tantrums/more accidents after doing really well at potty training/getting even fussier at mealtimes. Don't get me wrong this was all expected and she is very loving towards DS so far but when did things start to improve/go back to normal behaviour wise?

Heatherbell1978 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:41:48

Sympathy from me...I have an 8 wk old DD and 2.8 yr DS and same! He's very loving towards DD but lots of regression in behaviour going on. Wants the dummy all the time, wants me, won't eat.....I'm considering stopping bf partly because of him tbh as he gets quite upset and wants cuddles too....confused

buckyou Thu 27-Apr-17 08:10:00

My daughter is a bit younger (22 months) and she's doing ok actually. DS is 10 weeks.

She can be very naughty anyway though so it's hard to pick out what is because of the baby and what is just because! I think she has become less bothered about me BFing in the last week or so. She kept trying to tell me to put him in his basket for ages but she's not done that in a while.

I left DS with my mum yesterday and took her to softplay and had some proper quality time with her, might be an idea bit hard to leave them when they are so little!

IHeartKingThistle Thu 27-Apr-17 08:13:19

This bit is hard. But as soon as they can play together it is soooooo much easier. Hang in there!

CazP2013 Thu 27-Apr-17 08:14:53

It was bleak for the first six months. Exhausting, thankless and stressful. But then, slowly, a huge weight was lifted. DS started to sit up, sleep better, ate at the table and the balance shifted and it got a whole lot easier.

Believeitornot Thu 27-Apr-17 08:15:03

It got better when my youngest was properly napping in a cot which was from around 5 months or so. And when the weather improved and we got out every day.

To be honest, 2 year olds are fussy and have tantrums anyway so your expectations may be a bit too high. Yes her behaviour will be worse now but seriously, I think we treat our eldest child as older than they really are if that makes sense.

Anyway my two still get annoyed and wind each other up - they're 5&7 - but it's the deal with siblings. Generally they play really well together and are very close.

But while you have a baby and toddler, it's hard. Get into a routine as your youngest gets older and let the small things go. Make sure you get out all the time to maintain sanity! This too shall pass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now