Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby at 3 months.

(5 Posts)
momoh Wed 26-Apr-17 06:40:43

Just wondering if a three month old baby is able to recognise his own mum amongst other women ??

BikeRunSki Wed 26-Apr-17 06:45:06

I think DS was beginning to. Not sure eyesight is up to much big tgrb, but DS seemed to recognise me. He often mistook me fir a friend of mine who is the same height, had the same shape glasses and also has a southern accent. (We live in Yorkshire). So I think he could "recognise" me by a series of clues.

Bella1985 Wed 26-Apr-17 08:40:17

I brestfeed and DS could definitely identify me as he'd instantly open his mouth as a feeding cue when he spotted me amongst family. Not across a room though, just close contact, so possibly it was my smell or sound of my voice. But he knew I was his food source, not sure he could actually recognise me as 'mum'. At 4 months he's started staring up at my face adoringly so I think this month is when he's really making that connection. He can still look a bit confused in a big room full of people though.

ijustwantfiveminutespeace Wed 26-Apr-17 09:33:45

They know mummy's scent too, so recognise you through that

SleepyBearMama Thu 27-Apr-17 06:19:54

At about 3.5 months my DS seemed to. As mentioned before, they recognise scent and the sound of your voice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now