Talk

Advanced search

Trolleys on buggy space on bus

(4 Posts)
mummybear123456789 Tue 25-Apr-17 03:20:28

So the other day I waited for 3 buses because they were all full with two buggys already in the buggy and wheelchair area, which I totally understand that if I'm using public transport I'l have to be patient and know I'm not the only woman in the world with a baby on the bus. When I eventually could get onto a bus after waiting for 45 mins the bus driver let me get on, tap my oyster then a woman who was perfectly able to stand (late 20's) was sitting near the buggy area with her shopping trolley there she saw me and refused to move her trolley and by the next bus stop ( I was on the.bus for literally one stop only at this point) the bus driver demanded me to get off the bus because there was "not enough space" the buses in London always have a sign up near the wheelchair and buggy space that states they are needed to be clear if needed by a wheelchair user or people with prams. I was so furious ended up getting of the bus and going home instead !!!!

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Tue 25-Apr-17 03:34:02

Do you mean one of those granny type little wheeley trolleys? I would have squeezed in next to it. I find that as long as you aren't blocking the aisle the driver turns a blind eye. Often see three or even four peaks squashed together, or a wheelchair and pram both fitting in.

Frustrating if you couldn't fit and she wouldn't be flexible (assuming she wasn't disabled). I find almost everyone to be ok on public transport, but the odd person is difficult. I remember that it isn't Personal and they are prob awkward with everyone.

I found it much easier to use a sling when I had one baby though. They make getting about so easy, and if you try a sling library you can find a really comfortable one. And now I have a narrow light easy to fold pram.

Did you mean this to go in the behaviour topic??? London or Chat would be better.

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Tue 25-Apr-17 03:35:21

Three or four prams squashed together
Auto correct

mummybear123456789 Tue 25-Apr-17 03:53:40

No it wasn't one of those granny ones it was quite bigger and wider and the other buggy in the allocated space was massive!!!! I've looked into slings but ds isn't comfortable in them and gets too hot so easily

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now