Talk

Advanced search

worried about 4.5 seperation anxiety at nursery

(4 Posts)
Thinkmummy Mon 24-Apr-17 13:42:15

For around 4 months bow my 4.5 dd hates being dropped off at nursery. When me or my dp(her dad) drop her off she clings to us and cries and the only way we can leave is if a staff member picks her up for a cuddle

Its getting worse, today I had to
hold her legs still to put on her shoes,
carry her to the car as she would not leave the house walking
Screaming hysterically when I left nursery mummy don't leave me don't go 😞

She is acting if she has being tortured, nursery advise she is fine after 10 min and she is always happily playing when we pick her up. She has been there for 2 years and at first I just thought it was a phase but there is no end in sight.

I have tried,
Distracting her
Fussing her
Firmly saying don't be silly and getting cross
Being no nonsense (you'll be fine etc)

However I react the result is still the same at drop off I really don't know what to do, has anyone been in a similar situation that can give me advise?

Really worried for September if she is still like this when starting school

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Mon 24-Apr-17 18:34:28

Has anything changed in the last few months? Did a lot of her friends leave last September?

bluenose1986 Mon 24-Apr-17 19:32:28

Op my little boy was exactly the same and i would be mortified every day at the nursery gate.

Same thing once he was in and settled he was absolutely fine. He started school in September and I was so worried after such a long break from the routine that his first day would be a nightmare. He was absolutely fine so excited to see all his friends, they had some of the nursery teachers waiting in the class room to greet the children and settle them in he didn't even glance back to me and I was broken hearted.

For my little one it really was just a phase and I'm pretty sure it is for your little one to. Just go with it, stick to the routine and honestly she will skip in one day and you will be left not knowing what all the fuss was about.

cakewineflowers for in the mean time when the end is nowhere in sight.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 24-Apr-17 19:33:57

Can you hang one of your scarves in her peg? Physical reminder that you are coming back?
Advised years ago at dd nursery!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now