Talk

Advanced search

Toddler constantly wants to eat non food items, driving me potty!!

(3 Posts)
WeAreStars Mon 24-Apr-17 10:40:54

My 34 month old dd is constantly begging to do various art and craft activities and really seems to enjoy them, so it's such a shame that I have to watch her LIKE A HAWK and it always puts me on edge because given half a chance she eats Playdoh, she eats paint, she eats crayons, she licks pens and she eats glue. Nothing I say or do makes the slightest bit of difference. She actually seems to like the taste of these things?? And yet I give her a delicious home cooked meal and she says it's "yuk". I'm sure if I gave her a diet of Playdoh and glue she would eat every meal quite happily lol! On another note she also likes to eat dirt so going to the park is also stressful.

My main worry is that she will be going to Nursery in September and I imagine she will have access to a lot of these things. The staff won't be able to watch her like a hawk like I do, so how will I get round this?

AssassinatedBeauty Mon 24-Apr-17 11:10:58

I'm guessing she's been doing this for a while? There's a condition called pica which is where people compulsively eat non- food things. There's a variety of causes for it, maybe it's worth going to your GP and asking them about whether it's a possibility.

Does she have a daily multivitamin?

F1ipFlopFrus Mon 24-Apr-17 14:02:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now