14 month old seems to be unhappy

(4 Posts)
AbbieV Thu 20-Apr-17 18:10:00

Hi all, I'm new to netmums. I have a 14 month old daughter and 11 weeks pregnant with our second. My daughter has always been happy, content and fairly laid back. The last few weeks have been almost too much to bare. She seems to cry and/tantrum all the time. I am currently ignoring the tantrums and giving her attention when she calms down by herself. I do plenty of activities and groups with her and keep her occupied as much as possible. She has a regular bedtime of 6.30pm and sleeps through until 7am. I don't understand why she has suddenly changed so much, each day is a battle. I don't think it helps that my energy levels are on the floor being in the first trimester. Is anybody else having this problem?

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 20-Apr-17 18:35:11

Hello and welcome to MN thanks

Having a 14 month old and being pg sounds really tough so you have my sympathy.

It's good that she's getting a decent stretch of sleep at night but what are her naps like?

Congratulations too. Have you found the ante-natal club yet for the month you are due? smile

thethoughtfox Thu 20-Apr-17 18:43:30

They all do this although the age they start varies. They grow a sense of themselves and what they want and everything becomes a negotiation or tantrum. Just keep loving her!

AbbieV Thu 20-Apr-17 19:20:13

Thanks so much for your replies. It's nice to know there is support out there from Mums who know exactly what I mean! I'm the only one out of my friends with children so they just don't get it.

She naps brilliantly and has 2 or 3 a day, 1 or 2 in the morning totalling around 1 hour and then 1 in the afternoon for about an hour and a half. I know I'm blessed because she loves her sleep and loves to be put down in her cot for a nap. Really hoping this phase will wear off before baby number 2 arrives, Due 10th November. No, I didn't know there was a group for expectant Mums too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now