Talk

Advanced search

3 year old nightmares

(2 Posts)
robyneHet Tue 18-Apr-17 10:07:20

3 year old DD has started with nightmares 😞 I have been so lucky that she is has been an excellent sleeper from very little and sleeps 12hours/night in her own bed no probs. Until the last month where 3/4 nights per week she is waking up at midnight ish and screaming/crying/scared about trolls,dinosaurs,bad men! Etc in her room. I initially was trying to reassure her and then return to bed however it's got the point now where for the last 3 nights DH has had to sleep with her (luckily she has double bed), as I am up in the night to 5months old baby.
What to do? Don't want to start bad habits of having to sleep with her...but equally it's difficult to leave her when she clearly genuinely scared. Just a phase? Too much CBeebies? Too much chocolate/sweet things over Easter?!! X

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 20-Apr-17 17:55:20

Don't know what the cause is but when my DD does it I also find the easiest thing is just to get in bed with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now