We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hyper Toddler - any advice?!?

(7 Posts)
GlummyMummy Sat 15-Apr-17 21:35:49

My nearly three year old is totally exhausting! I know most toddlers are tiring, but she is in a different class!!!!

From the minute she gets up to the minute she goes to sleep it's constant, chattering, asking questions, demanding attention. She won't settle to anything, literally lasts 30 seconds on any activity, then gets restless, wont play by herself and follows me around the house. Going out isnt any better as she won't walk properly beside me, and is hyper with other kids so I feel like I can't relax. She loves meeting other children, but while she starts off cuddling them, it soon descends into rough play wrestling or trying to grab or push them, which upsets other kids.

I think a lot of her problem is that she isn't sleeping well just now, so is constantly over-tired and certainly is more uncontrollable as a result. Anyone experienced the same thing and can offer any advice?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 16-Apr-17 19:55:36

Is there any reason that she isn't sleeping well?

GlummyMummy Sun 16-Apr-17 20:06:07

Not that I know of. She used to sleep 12 hours right through but for a few months now she's been waking in the night and getting up really early for the day.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 16-Apr-17 20:08:16

Is she still napping in the day? Probably a stupid question but she does sound overtired as you said.

GlummyMummy Sun 16-Apr-17 20:15:36

I have been giving her a nap the last few days yes, but she'll only sleep in the car so it means a lot of pointless driving around!

SaltyMyDear Sun 16-Apr-17 20:19:50

What's her diet like? Does she have any eNums?

First thing I'd be looking at was giving her a ridiculously healthy diet.

GlummyMummy Sun 16-Apr-17 20:26:46

Wondered if it could be related to diet. She does eat fairly healthy stuff, occasional sweet treat which certainly does seem to make her worse, but on a normal day there's nothing particularly bad in her diet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now