Restless Legs Syndrome???

(3 Posts)
CookieTramp Sat 15-Apr-17 09:04:48

My 3yo has had a weird foot thing going on for a while. When reading or watching TV he gets distressed and says his foot "titches" and wants me to rub it. It happens several times a day, and if i don't get there straightaway he wriggles his feet and cries.

The doctor has been stumped. Last night I saw a doc about RLS, and it does sort of fit. It happens only when at rest, but not at night, which does seem a feature of RLS. He is fine in every other way.

It was a Channel 5 doc and therefore would have featured extreme cases, but it has scared me. I just have a creeping feeling it fits his symptoms.

Has anyone had anything like this in their kids, that did or not turn out to be RLS?

I have read that iron can help unless it is the true neurological condition, so he has had eggs for breakfast, with OJ on the side.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 15-Apr-17 10:40:01

I know my BF has it mildly. Don't know much about it though. Sorry, know that's not helpful in any way. smile

Pansiesandredrosesandmarigolds Sat 15-Apr-17 19:30:34

Well, a lot of RLS cases are caused by iron deficiency. Have you tested for that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now