Talk

Advanced search

Restless Legs Syndrome???

(4 Posts)
CookieTramp Sat 15-Apr-17 09:04:48

My 3yo has had a weird foot thing going on for a while. When reading or watching TV he gets distressed and says his foot "titches" and wants me to rub it. It happens several times a day, and if i don't get there straightaway he wriggles his feet and cries.

The doctor has been stumped. Last night I saw a doc about RLS, and it does sort of fit. It happens only when at rest, but not at night, which does seem a feature of RLS. He is fine in every other way.

It was a Channel 5 doc and therefore would have featured extreme cases, but it has scared me. I just have a creeping feeling it fits his symptoms.

Has anyone had anything like this in their kids, that did or not turn out to be RLS?

I have read that iron can help unless it is the true neurological condition, so he has had eggs for breakfast, with OJ on the side.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 15-Apr-17 10:40:01

I know my BF has it mildly. Don't know much about it though. Sorry, know that's not helpful in any way. smile

Pansiesandredrosesandmarigolds Sat 15-Apr-17 19:30:34

Well, a lot of RLS cases are caused by iron deficiency. Have you tested for that?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 24-Apr-17 10:31:22

Bananas are good for rls I believe!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now