Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Agressive 2 year old

(4 Posts)
user1492199766 Fri 14-Apr-17 21:04:07

Help! My ds will be three in August. For the last 6 months or so he's been throwing anything he can't get his hands on if he's upset, dinner, toys, you name it. If he's upset he will throw something at you. Today he threw half a cement brick at my cousins child because she told him not to do something, cutting her nose 😩 I've tried everything, time out, ignoring it, I've stopped going to playgroups because I'm so embarrassed, I'm constantly on edge if we are around other children, he will also hit or try to bite myself or my husband if he can't get his own way, any advice?

Wolfiefan Fri 14-Apr-17 21:05:12

How's his language? He sounds frustrated rather than aggressive.

user1492199766 Fri 14-Apr-17 21:07:50

His speech is really good, he can communicate really well when he wants to but if he's told off for doing something he shouldn't he lashed out by throwing whatever is nearest to him

Biscusting Fri 14-Apr-17 21:13:26

My first child is an angel, never hit or lashed out at anyone.

My second is the complete opposite. She throws things in a temper and bites people/objects in frustration. She is only 16 months though, so there is a long way to go through toddlerhood!

How is his speech? Is there anything he might be frustrated with, any big changes happening?

Is there a way you could show him to vent his anger safely? Shouting into cupped hands or hitting the object rather than throwing it? At this age I'd be trying diversion tactics and giving him a bit of attention when he's angry. If his feelings aren't being acknowledged or are dismissed, that could make him more frustrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now