Talk

Advanced search

Swearing

(3 Posts)
palomas Thu 13-Apr-17 14:25:14

Hello
My 5 years old swear quite a lot now.
She mostly says things like booby head or willy fart, which I don't think of as being bad.
She also insult me with those words, so although sometimes she laugh about it, other times she take them seriously.
should I tell her not to say these things?
She sometimes says the f word too. But she knows she shouldn't says this one.

She is also keen to pull down her clothes and show us her bum, usually after bath time.
Again I don't know if I should be strict about it or see it as a phase they have to go through and let it pass?

I wish I was a child psychologist just so I would know about those things.

Does anyone have any advice?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 24-Apr-17 10:34:31

As her parent it's up to you to decide what's an acceptable way to be spoken to not let her laugh being rude.
Phases don't have to be endured.
Just tell her to speak to you without the swearing or there will be consequences. And mean it.
Unless you intend to endure trips to the shops and her telling strangers to fuck off.

RedStripeIassie Mon 24-Apr-17 10:41:30

I second the not laughing even though I really struggle with that especially wen dd says 'nannys big bottom' or similar!

I'm much more firm with her new thing of telling me to shut up.

Just ignoring worked best when she used to say really bad words like FFS etc. A few months of living with my mum and she wouldn't dare grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now