Talk

Advanced search

Vitamins for small toddlers

(8 Posts)
MrsMammyM Sun 09-Apr-17 11:14:33

DS is 2 in 8 weeks and just had a really rough bout of cold/flu so I got him some chewy multivits for 3yrs + just give him a bit of a boost and now he's better I want to carry on but he won't touch the ones for his age (which was why I got the chewy ones in the first place) I've tried all the different versions (cost me a fortune lol) the drops, drinks, shakes, powders and nothing! I can't blame him they all seem to be vile but they only make the chewys in ages 3+. He loves these he even asks for them ever morning it's like a treat to him.

Does anyone know is this due to choking hazards or am I doing more damage than good giving him higher dose of vitamins? If so what about giving him one every other day or half a day?

Spotsondots Sun 09-Apr-17 18:43:13

We used to cut them in half for DS at around the same age for the same reason that he wouldn't eat anything else vitamin-like! Can't advise on the exact doses of vitamins for two and three year olds but our DS seems to have survived!

doge Sun 09-Apr-17 20:45:08

My dd likes these chewy ones! They're the only ones I've found that are available from 1 year:
http://www.superdrug.com/Health/Vitamins-&-Supplements/Children%27s-Vitamins/Chewy-Vites-Multivitamin-Advance-30s/p/464006?gclid=CNW-iqKRmNMCFYoy0wodSdkDBg&gclsrc=aw.ds

arista Mon 10-Apr-17 08:53:19

I give mine Abidec.

Applebite Mon 10-Apr-17 19:45:38

I use these - liquid so just on a spoon:

www.vitabiotics.com/shop/wellbaby/infant-liquid?gclid=CPK1moLGmtMCFeYp0wod3RsKCw

Applebite Mon 10-Apr-17 19:46:25

Sorry, just reread and realised you've tried that. Could you stir the liquid one into a drink or food?

MrsMammyM Wed 12-Apr-17 07:46:42

Applebite yes I've tried that lol he won't touch it!

guiltynetter Wed 12-Apr-17 07:50:29

i've been giving my 2 year old the chewy ones that are 3+. i asked my health visitor and she said the 3 she is probably for choking so i cut them in half.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now