Talk

Advanced search

Vitamins for small toddlers

(8 Posts)
MrsMammyM Sun 09-Apr-17 11:14:33

DS is 2 in 8 weeks and just had a really rough bout of cold/flu so I got him some chewy multivits for 3yrs + just give him a bit of a boost and now he's better I want to carry on but he won't touch the ones for his age (which was why I got the chewy ones in the first place) I've tried all the different versions (cost me a fortune lol) the drops, drinks, shakes, powders and nothing! I can't blame him they all seem to be vile but they only make the chewys in ages 3+. He loves these he even asks for them ever morning it's like a treat to him.

Does anyone know is this due to choking hazards or am I doing more damage than good giving him higher dose of vitamins? If so what about giving him one every other day or half a day?

Spotsondots Sun 09-Apr-17 18:43:13

We used to cut them in half for DS at around the same age for the same reason that he wouldn't eat anything else vitamin-like! Can't advise on the exact doses of vitamins for two and three year olds but our DS seems to have survived!

doge Sun 09-Apr-17 20:45:08

My dd likes these chewy ones! They're the only ones I've found that are available from 1 year:
http://www.superdrug.com/Health/Vitamins-&-Supplements/Children%27s-Vitamins/Chewy-Vites-Multivitamin-Advance-30s/p/464006?gclid=CNW-iqKRmNMCFYoy0wodSdkDBg&gclsrc=aw.ds

arista Mon 10-Apr-17 08:53:19

I give mine Abidec.

Applebite Mon 10-Apr-17 19:45:38

I use these - liquid so just on a spoon:

www.vitabiotics.com/shop/wellbaby/infant-liquid?gclid=CPK1moLGmtMCFeYp0wod3RsKCw

Applebite Mon 10-Apr-17 19:46:25

Sorry, just reread and realised you've tried that. Could you stir the liquid one into a drink or food?

MrsMammyM Wed 12-Apr-17 07:46:42

Applebite yes I've tried that lol he won't touch it!

guiltynetter Wed 12-Apr-17 07:50:29

i've been giving my 2 year old the chewy ones that are 3+. i asked my health visitor and she said the 3 she is probably for choking so i cut them in half.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: