Talk

Advanced search

10 month old still suffering from colic/trapped wind!

(10 Posts)
Mummy247D Thu 06-Apr-17 08:43:07

Hello!
I'm someone can help me please, or if not just tell me that child is the same. My son has suffered from reflux and wind since he was born but the reflux is under control with a high amount of omeprazole so I know that is reflux is it not causing him pain any more. We are on Dr Browns bottles and currently switching between size 2 and 3 years nothing I do help us! He still has three bottles a day and after each feed you can hear it swishing around in his little tummy sad I get burps from him but it still isn't enough. He also has bad bottom end wind because I'm obviously not able to get it all up! It's driving me mad. He wakes up with wind and even taking water from a soppy cup gives him wind too! Sorry to go on! It's just I feel so bad for him because he really gets upset by it. I also use gripe water every feed! I have due my second baby in Aug so I would really like this to not be an issue then!
Thanks (ps sorry about any typos.. I am currently trying to wind my little one .. again!!)

Mummy247D Thu 06-Apr-17 08:43:59

The beginning of that makes no sense at all! Sorry. That's me trying to tell Siri what to type 😆

QuiteLikely5 Thu 06-Apr-17 08:47:16

At ten months he is old enough to drink his milk from a decent soppy type cup

What milk is he having? There's a chance it's this causing the wind - how about changing it? A different brand perhaps

Mummy247D Thu 06-Apr-17 08:52:25

He drinks a beaker of water a day from his dr browns sippy cup but I find that is just as bad or if not worse because it has no vent system to take the air out.

He is on prescription milk (Neocate) because of a suspected milk allergy so I can't change that.
Thank you for your reply 😊

janeje Thu 06-Apr-17 18:30:33

My baby suffered so much with tummy problems and developed colic at 4 weeks old and did not want to sleep at all.Baby's Magic Tea was LITERALLY like magic for him! He got so much better.

Mummy247D Fri 07-Apr-17 15:05:23

Thank you - I will look into that!! Did you lo suffer just from taking water from a sippy cup? And even at 10 months old? I'm getting so frustrated with it. Poor thing sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 12-Apr-17 19:01:52

If he's on Neocate, have you removed all dairy from his diet? It does sound as if he's reacting to the milk. It might be worth posting in the allergies section to see if anyone else's LO has reacted to Neocate.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 12-Apr-17 19:08:14

Hace you definitely ruled out tongue tie too?

Mummy247D Wed 12-Apr-17 21:02:07

Yes completely dairy and soya free.. he was tongue tied and had that snipped when he was weeks old!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 12-Apr-17 21:46:01

Could the tt have reattached?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now