Talk

Advanced search

Screamy 7.5 month old

(5 Posts)
Spiralblanket Tue 04-Apr-17 16:01:55

Dd, coming up to 8 months seems very frustrated- she often screams out / shrieks whenever I give her solids - /'she calms slightly if I give her a rice cake or something to chew on. She doesn't babble at all like she used to but makes lots of grunts and mmmm sounds . I have noticed her bottom teeth are poking through so I guess teething related? She doesn't sit up yet as she doesn't really want to sit still and immediately lunges for something to grab once I put her down. Also she's rolling lots and commando crawling so not sure if there's some frustration/excitement around this.
Just wanted to check all sounds normal really- other friends babies similar ages are all quite content with sitting and babbling lots.

Timetogrowup2016 Tue 04-Apr-17 17:12:32

My dd didn't babble until 11 months and didn't sit up until 9 months old.
All sounds normal to me .
Development at this age varies hugely

ElspethFlashman Tue 04-Apr-17 17:16:26

My DD was like that at that age. Lovely, but a bit of a pain in the arse! Very frustrated and vocal about it.

Whereas DS was much more chilled. It was a bit disconcerting when she came along!

Lm604 Wed 05-Apr-17 05:25:44

Timetogrowup - how old is your DD now and how is she in terms of development? My 8.5mo is sitting up but doesn't not babble (just vowel noises, no consonants).

Spiralblanket Wed 05-Apr-17 12:53:10

Thanks, yes I'm hoping it's s phase, normally really smiley until food time and when she sees something on the floor she wants to grab, then she turns crazy! She doesn't sit still for one second!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now