Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How can I encourage crawling?

(11 Posts)
fruityb Mon 03-Apr-17 09:25:00

My son is so close to crawling - he can do the front and back bit but he can't get the two to work together! He either drags his back end along or lifts his bum in the air and face plants the floor! He rolls happily and explores constantly. What's driving me spare is the moaning he does while he's doing it. He's clearly frustrated and wishes he could but he can't which means all I end up with is a very arsy and grumpy child who rolls around making iuurrrrnnnnggghhh noises which do my nut!

He doesn't want to sit on my knee as he wants to be down or he spends the time on my knee grabbing my face lol.

What can I do to help him crawl? I can't be doing with the whinging and moaning about it lol

elQuintoConyo Mon 03-Apr-17 09:30:52

Place favourite toys just out of reach?

Physically, they just have to get there on their own. Mine crawled for about 5 minutes, pulled up and walked off! Be careful what you wish for grin

And some children do commando-style crawling, or shuffle along on their bums...there are many definitions of crawling.

Foreverhopeful22 Mon 03-Apr-17 09:33:37

Mine did that for months commando style dragging legs. Then it clicked one day and she was doing it.

They all get there at some point don't stress

Crumbs1 Mon 03-Apr-17 09:45:51

Why would you encourage them beyond putting them on floor? It's more work when they can move faster! None of mine ever crawled all bottom shuffled in various ways or went from lying to cruising around furniture to walking without crawling in between.

fruityb Mon 03-Apr-17 10:30:02

I know it's more work but he is so frustrated at times! He rolls around and can move but if something is just out of his reach he'll shout about it. I just want him to feel cheerier about it as he's such a happy boy this is clearly annoying him.

I'll carry on down there with him as long as my ankles allow! On the plus side he's napping far easier as he's wearing himself out much sooner 😊

edengarden123 Mon 03-Apr-17 10:39:46

Check out "mamma ot". She has brilliant articles on crawling etc.

Bumpsadaisie Mon 03-Apr-17 11:00:58

Ah I remember this. My two were such grumps while they were trying to get the knack.

I think its a question of they'll do it when they are ready.

On the bright side he will probably be more cheerful once he can.

On the negative side your life will get a whole lot more complicated when he is scooting about the place.....

BertieBotts Mon 03-Apr-17 11:07:50

I remember that stage, it's so annoying all the whining and moaning!

Sadly I dint think there's anything you can do. They get there when they get there!

fruityb Mon 03-Apr-17 11:12:14

I watch him and just sit here shouting encouragement lol. He can move so well and roll and spin himself round and turn round on his tummy to change directions. He just can't get the front and back to work together! He can be on all fours and just moaning, and I know he's just frustrated. I can take him anywhere and he's such a happy baby but this is making him so whiny that I just need it to pass lol. We have two teeth now and he's over the worst of that (for now lol).

I know I'll probably miss the days he was less mobile when I can't take my eyes away for a second but the mood change might be nice.

fruityb Mon 03-Apr-17 11:12:35

Thank you for the mama ot suggestion that's a great site!

edengarden123 Mon 03-Apr-17 18:39:12

Yes her site is amazing.... I use it all the time for all the different stages

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now