Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not give my son his vaccines?

(87 Posts)
salmaahmed Mon 03-Apr-17 01:35:44

I've done my research and read a lot of things about how toxic the vaccines the NHS offer to parents for our children are. My local gp have asked me several times to give him his whooping cough and flu jab injections but I really don't want to. Read all sorts about how they have mercury in them (very poisonous for human bodies).

Any other parents agree or disagree?

MangoSplit Mon 03-Apr-17 01:37:46

Disagree strongly

lorelairoryemily Mon 03-Apr-17 01:39:56

You're being ridiculous. Vaccinate your child. Would you rather risk him becoming ill? And you are depending on herd immunity not vaccinating him with the thinking that he probably won't pick up those illnesses anyway. Don't be that person.

5BlueHydrangea Mon 03-Apr-17 01:42:16

I disagree. You' re exposing him unnecessarily to a lot of nasty illnesses. Vaccines are to protect him and also the vulnerable members of the community who cannot be vaccinated for Heath reasons eg post organ transplant, those on chemo etc

WellieWanger Mon 03-Apr-17 01:44:00

Disagree. Incredibly irresponsible of you

toffee1000 Mon 03-Apr-17 01:46:22

Don't be so utterly ridiculous and irresponsible.

dylsmimi Mon 03-Apr-17 01:47:22

You say You've read a lot about the vaccines have you read about the diseases they protect your child (and others) from? These aren't diseases that are a cold or a sniffle they kill children or cause Life long damage.

highinthesky Mon 03-Apr-17 01:48:15

YABVVVVVVU. The developmental problems falsely ascribed to vaccines are more likely to be a consequence of consanguinity.

Thiomersal has been removed from vaccines for the best part of 20 years,, so there is no concern. Read this link: www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/patient-ed/conversations/downloads/vacsafe-thimerosal-color-office.pdf . Better still, you could stop dodging your GP and try having a mature conversation with them instead.

If you're still convinced by your "research", be sure to pass on my best wishes to Andrew Wakefield.

QueenoftheAndals Mon 03-Apr-17 01:48:30

There's no mercury in vaccines anymore though, is there? So not sure what you've been reading OP. The NHS website is a good start...

Though I have a feeling this is a biscuitbiscuit post.

cattychatty Mon 03-Apr-17 01:49:34

A friend of mine had whooping cough and she's in her 40's I've never seen anyone so ill it was awful I'd hate for my child to be at risk of that

dylsmimi Mon 03-Apr-17 01:50:20

Thiomersal is a preservative that contains small amounts of mercury. It's used to prevent the growth of bacteria or fungi in the vaccine.
High doses of mercury can be toxic to the brain and other organs. However, no harmful effects have been linked with the level of thiomersal used in the small amounts present in vaccines.
Although there have been concerns in the past that vaccines that contain thiomersal can cause autism, there is no scientific evidence that this is the case.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated there is no risk from thiomersal in vaccines – read the WHO statement in full.
Thiomersal is no longer used in any of the vaccines routinely given to babies and young children in the NHS childhood immunisation programme.
www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/vaccine-ingredients.aspx

dylsmimi Mon 03-Apr-17 01:51:26

Oops cross post with lots of sensible posters - mine is from the nhs website about Mercury in vaccines

notangelinajolie Mon 03-Apr-17 01:52:43

You are being very irresponsible. Whooping Cough if horrendous and could kill him - don't be stupid. Listen to your Doctor and get him vaccinated.

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Mon 03-Apr-17 01:54:40

Only you can decide but please make your decision based on the information provided by accurate sources rather than reading random opinions off the internet. Personally, I think the reasons to get the vaccinations outweighed the consequences of not getting my dc vaccinated.

sixandoot Mon 03-Apr-17 01:55:04

I completely agree with the OP and that's why I completely avoid dihyrogen monoxide for all members of my family.

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Mon 03-Apr-17 01:55:50

Just to clarify, I am not referring to the responses on this thread in my last post.

Rainbowqueeen Mon 03-Apr-17 01:56:30

Why do you think something that you have read is more trustworthy than your doctor? Would you take your doctors advice on anything else medical?

If you still have doubts maybe you could ask your doctor for some information about vaccines that he considers comes from a reputable source.

yes I disagree with you, I always doubt people who can't or don't quote the sources of their research on the topic of vaccination. Surely if it was from a reputable source there can be no problem in saying where the research came from

Trulymadlymotherly Mon 03-Apr-17 01:59:47

Not vaccinating children is just Darwinism. Crack on.

EskSmith Mon 03-Apr-17 02:02:04

Think about it. If everyone was like you there would be no herd immunity. Your child could easily have already been exposed to one of these life changing, even deadly diseases. Only by virtue of our society immunising virtually everyone do you have the luxury of indulging in the whim (backed up by dodgy facts) not to immunise.
Make the appointment, if you must discuss it with your gp then make the decision based on evidence not scaremongering woo.

highinthesky Mon 03-Apr-17 02:03:55

sixandoot smile

SoftlyCatchyMonkey1 Mon 03-Apr-17 02:05:49

One of the boys in school who wasn't vaccinated got whooping cough and he had weeks off school. I remember it clearly because of the sound of his residual cough when he finally came back. This was about 25 years ago.
Yabvvvu. Vaccines are probably the most clinically tested things out there. I don't know what "research" you did but it seems like you were only interested in reading things that supported arguments against vaccinations.
Proper research will tell you that vaccines save lives and prevent terrible illness.

StrawberryJelly00 Mon 03-Apr-17 02:09:33

www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/02/18/the-deadly-impossibility-of-herd-immunity-through-vaccination-by-dr-russell-blaylock/

JustAnotherSilentOldNumber Mon 03-Apr-17 02:30:19

I think you need to do some actual research.

SchoolIssue1 Mon 03-Apr-17 02:38:20

My friend works in Birmingham children's hospital. She sees a non vaccinated child die every day from preventable disease. If only these anti vaxxers could spend a week in her shoes they would be begging for every vaccine going. We are lucky that we are growing up in a time where small pox and polio have been eradicated by vaccine. My nan remembers parties in the street the day the polio vaccine was hailed to be a success. The man who invented it actually gave it to the government for free as he just wanted to save lies. My nan remembers her best friend living for 40 years in an iron lung. The chance of damage to your child from vaccine is insanely small. The chance of other children dieing if lots of people keep choosing not to vaccination is very high. Please don't make the selfish and foolish decision.

EskSmith Mon 03-Apr-17 02:44:39

Strawberry - you link to Dr Russell Blaylock. Read about how he thinks cancer can be cured, or what causes HIV before you decide to back his ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now