Talk

Advanced search

11MO keeps giving me love bites!!!

(3 Posts)
Nuala88 Fri 31-Mar-17 15:02:33

Please help!!
My son keeps sucking on me and giving me love bites.. he does it for comfort when tired or hungry, I've tried him with a dummy and he won't have it. Any suggestions???
I'm pretty sure he's doing it as he was breastfed til he was 9 months and still wants that sucking skin sensation.. so weird though, I hate it!!

user1490981241 Sat 01-Apr-17 00:30:12

Does he have a blanket or teddy he is attatched to? My 20 month old son done this for a while and wouldnt accept a dummy but loved his teddy so i just got a dummp clip and stitched it to the inside seem of his teddy and let him find it himself and figure it out and slowly over a course of a couple weeks he stopped suckling my arms and shoulders and now just has his teddy and dodo and self soothes smile

Nuala88 Sat 01-Apr-17 08:24:38

Thats a good idea, he doesn't get attached to àny of his toys though. He'll drag one around for an hour and then ditch it for a sock or another toy. I'll try introducing a blanket, we don't really use blankets as he sleeps in those bags. I'll try with a light one. Thanks!!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now