Talk

Advanced search

Baby book recommendations?

(8 Posts)
AprilShowers177 Fri 31-Mar-17 11:49:51

I'm after a book I can refer to at home around baby development..

I'm a first time mum and am realising how little I know about babies.. lol! The basics I'm good with but I hear people talk about the 4month sleep regression and didn't know that was a thing, so a book that would tell me about those type if things is what I'm after.. any recommendations?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 31-Mar-17 15:54:30

You don't really need a book, that's what MN is for grin. Should you want a book though, I've heard The Baby Book is very good smile

AprilShowers177 Fri 31-Mar-17 17:02:04

I know but I'm trying to google less!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 31-Mar-17 18:04:05

Don't google,that's the road to misery! Just ask any questions on MN smile

Rainatnight Thu 06-Apr-17 04:53:00

I really like the Penelope Leach book. Full of information and common sense. And What to Expect - The First Year is a good basic, month by month guide to what's going on

ohlittlepea Thu 06-Apr-17 05:06:03

Penelope leach, and the wonder weeks ❤️

Ferguson Sat 08-Apr-17 19:58:09

I don't think these "wonder weeks" really exist, because babies and children vary so much; they are a modern invention, though I'm not sure who by !!

Blossom789 Sun 09-Apr-17 04:09:10

It's just baby development so of course it exists. Every baby's different for how they'll respond to this development and when it'll happen. Ds's last leap didn't cause any unsettled signs but this one seems to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now