Talk

Advanced search

Teething pain even after teeth appear to be all there???

(6 Posts)
Amethyst975 Wed 29-Mar-17 19:52:24

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience. My DS's teething journey has been horrendous from the very beginning - pain and tantrums for literally months on end. He is now 2.5 and, as far as we can see, has all 20 of his teeth. Things dramatically calmed down 2/3 weeks ago and he didn't need any more Calpol or Nurofen.

However, last Sunday we appear to have been inexplicably plunged back into teething hell. It's just like before - tantrums, being up half the night with no sign of wanting to go back to bed, bright pink cheeks and red, spotty bum. He also keeps saying 'Teeth sore!'

Is this familiar to any of you? Is it possible that his back molars are just coming through very slowly and have had a break for a couple of weeks before emerging a bit further now, or is there something else that could be producing these symptoms?

Thanks!

squizita Thu 30-Mar-17 15:35:12

Colds and ear aches can feel like teeth, I discovered when my DD started complaining similarly - turned out to be a sinus infection.

Amethyst975 Thu 30-Mar-17 16:41:27

Thanks for the reply - I'll check that out!

user1490981241 Sat 01-Apr-17 00:36:15

Maybe wax build up in his ears? Put 1ml of olive oil into his ears at bedtime for a week so the wax can soften and come out, it will releive the pain on his jaw. Ive also found with DS that anbesol from the chemist is the only thing thats helped teething. I found that calpol just releives the temperature (may also be too sweet and sticky on the teeth?) And can be overused so he will begin to feel withdrawls if taken for more than a few days :/

If your really concerned make an appointment with the dentist just to have a check, DS had his back teeth come in after his first 2 at the top and the rest havent really bothered him too much just the odd occasion smile

Amethyst975 Mon 03-Apr-17 23:01:11

Thanks - didn't think of ear wax either! We've an appt with dentist very soon. If it doesn't help we'll go to the doctor and get ears/sinuses checked out.

user1490981241 Tue 04-Apr-17 18:40:27

Yes could be an ear infection and build up, my son is terrible for it. I was told by gp his ears were too waxy to get a clear picture and to put oil into them with a little syringe to clear the wax and go back for a week and turned out he had a bad ear infection and needed amoxycillan and id been giving him anbesol and bonjela on rotation for weeks without realising it wasnt his teeth blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now