Talk

Advanced search

3weeks 2 days old baby no eye contact/ not focusing on faces

(9 Posts)
Rany Mon 27-Mar-17 17:30:05

My baby is 3weeks 2 days old, can't focus on faces or objects, not even intrested on them, always looking around, moving his face but never focus on my face, am super worried about that specially that it is said that by his age babies have to be focusing on faces and objects and responding to their movements.
Please, is that normal?

Heirhelp Mon 27-Mar-17 17:31:10

At this age your baby can focus the distance from your boob to your face. Can the focus at this range?

If you have any concerns then speak to your HV.

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Mon 27-Mar-17 17:31:27

Babies can't focus until they are around 6 weeks.

dontbesillyhenry Mon 27-Mar-17 17:31:48

He's a bit young yet.
My little one seemed to just look through me at that age and he was a bit cross eyed.
Tracking and fixating came more about 6 weeks

Rany Mon 27-Mar-17 17:39:21

His eyes seem to be rolling around, is that normal too?

Heirhelp Mon 27-Mar-17 19:15:37

Totally normal when tired but if you are worried then recorded it and show your HV. This is what HV are for.

AprilShowers177 Wed 29-Mar-17 17:49:55

Try not to worry and compare to others. Do you have the wonder weeks app? It's brill and talks about the leaps in mental development which includes thus like focusing with eyes etc. It's based on due date not actual birth date.

Rany Thu 30-Mar-17 14:25:04

Thank you so much

Babydreaming Sun 02-Apr-17 11:27:02

Same as my baby! I was worried as he always avoided eye contact with me until 8 weeks and didn't follow objects either! He was a late smiler too. He got there eventually and is now 4 months and really smily and interactive and can clearly see well. The avoiding eye contact can apparently be because the baby feels overstimulated as some are just more sensitive than others! Try not to compare...he will manage in his own time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now