Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else's just one year old already feisty and tantrumming?

(5 Posts)
SleepFreeZone Sun 26-Mar-17 11:28:04

I'm really shocked it starts this early! I can't remember DS1 clearly at one, I think he started getting stroppy around two. DS2 is 14 months and has hissy fits when things are going his way. He will throw things in a temper and hit me, is this normal?

Summerdays2014 Sun 26-Mar-17 15:45:26

My son is 14 months and is just like this. Like you I didn't expect it to start so early! I've just ordered a toddler book from Amazon to get some ideas about how to handle it! I'm hoping once my son starts talking and can communicate, it will get better...

SleepFreeZone Sun 26-Mar-17 17:40:04

Is yours doing everything early? DS2 seems to be on fast forward developmentally so I just wonder if it's frustration because he wants to be talking and god knows what else already!

Summerdays2014 Sun 26-Mar-17 17:53:15

Hi sleepfreezone. My son reached all of his physical milestones early. He was walking completely unaided and with total confidence before 11 months. His fine motor skills were also developed early. However, he still hasn't said his first word (apart from dadada and mumum occasionally and sometimes in context)

AllFurCoatNoKnickera Sun 26-Mar-17 21:59:39

Had no idea 1 year olds would have tantrums but sort of understand why they might get frustrated.
My DS is 13 months and will clench fists and go in to a real strop at points throwing himself around or stomping his feet.
He's generally a really happy and friendly little boy but has also started hitting - but only me - and wondering if that coincides with me going back to work FT and him starting nursery. When he hits me I say "good boys don't hit their mummy" or try and turn it in to a stroke and say "gently". If I say ouch, he finds it hilarious and carries on so I stopped saying it.
Developmentally he's well ahead, large vocabulary, good motor skills but not quite walking yet.
Hopefully just a phase?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now