Talk

Advanced search

Bed wetting

(9 Posts)
alwaysthepessimist Wed 22-Mar-17 16:53:38

Can anyone advise me about bed wetting? I have a 4 yo dd who still needs night time pull ups, she is wet twice a night, before she started school she was dry all night and since then not, we are waking her and putting her on the loo before we go to bed but by then she is always wet - we have tried different times but nothing works then in the morning she is wet again, she doesn't drink loads before bed and we always make her have a wee before she goes to sleep, she does have a drink next to her bed but she rarely drinks as she normally sleeps all night, at what point do I worry and think it is a problem & ask for help? BTW she is totally dry in the day time, rarely an accident and can hold herself if needed whilst we find a loo

dementedpixie Wed 22-Mar-17 16:56:22

Not considered a problem until age 7/8ish

Friolero Wed 22-Mar-17 17:08:53

It's very common at age 4, I wouldn't worry for another few years.

alwaysthepessimist Thu 23-Mar-17 19:07:54

Thanks for the replies, was worrying as everyone else seems to be dry now

DarkestBeforeDawn Thu 23-Mar-17 20:08:25

At age four, this is absolutely normal. You are doing everything right and have nothing to be concerned about.

rizkhanjr Fri 24-Mar-17 21:55:34

Check for signs of constipation. If not, visit a doctor for recommendations. You could also try an enuresis alarm - onestopbedwetting.com

dillonmck Wed 29-Mar-17 22:26:41

The website www.eric.org.uk also has loads of really good information that might help take the edge of the worry (especially as she's managing during the day which is the main thing). I think for most bedwetters it's something to do with an immaturity in the hormonal system that ensures we don't produce as much urine during the night as we do during the day (& can therefore hold it) but if that's not matured yet it leads to bedwetting. Good luck but it might take a while as said before it's not that unusual at 4.

Ringonrighthand Mon 03-Apr-17 05:02:29

I am reading this with interest as my 5 year old is the same. She was dry for 18 months then started bed wetting last summer (her dad moved out then she started reception at school within weeks of each other). I put her in pyjama pants which we used for 6 months and then took them off in February and now lift her but she still wets the bed sometimes (I'm awake now at 4.30am because I've just stripped her and her bed). Not sure where to go/what to do from here?!!

discoverandgo Wed 17-May-17 12:37:48

defiantly very normal at her age however we have just invested in the roger alarm www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=roger+wireless+bedwetting+alarm&_sacat=0
I read reviews an believe me i was very sceptical but prepared to try anything for my daughters self esteem ( she is nearly 11 though) and if anyone had of told me of this before with this storey id have brought it years ago.
This may be expensive ( we brought 5 pairs of pants to set us up to succeed after the 1st id only brought 2 and the 1st few nights we got through them and failed ) after 5 weeks she is completely dry and no longer uses the alarm. good luck i hope if this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now