Talk

Advanced search

Teething

(7 Posts)
user1490125589 Tue 21-Mar-17 19:53:40

Hi guys.. new 1st time mum here. My DD is 4 months old and 100% sure she teething. Red cheeks dribbling alot and chewing her dummy at one side of her mouth. Any idea how long this will last? And what can i give her that will actually work. smile

MrsChopper Tue 21-Mar-17 19:58:36

Months! Bloody months!

Sorry, don't mean to scare you. All kids are different but my DS showed teething symptoms for a while before his 1st tooth appeared. He currently has 2. And all my mummy friends tell me that it won't be long before more appear.

I recommend getting a variety of dofferent teething toys. Mayne some you can pop in the fridge and some with different textures.

Ashton and Parsons teething granules are great. As is teething gel like baby bonjella or Anbesol which you can get from the pharmacy smile

MrsChopper Tue 21-Mar-17 19:59:45

Sorry for all the typos!

SleepForTheWeak Tue 21-Mar-17 20:48:21

How long will it last? Until they get their back molars in - so 2/3 years?? Some babies seem to teeth with no problem but it was always obvious when my DD was teething. She's just got her last one through at 2.5 - hallelujah!!

When your DC is on solids, give a frozen chip to chew on. Works wonders! Ambesol also very good.

Myu5ername Wed 22-Mar-17 03:36:07

I'm on DD2 who is 5 months and in the throes of teething. With both, i found Ashton & Parsons powders fantastic as well as teething gel. Unfortunately, neither of mine are very good at chewing on teething toys - DD1 had dummy, DD2 chews hand.

DD2 is dealing with teething much better than DD1 although I can tell she is in discomfort at times and constantly chewing her hand. The only difference this time round is that she wears an amber teething bracelet. The amber is meant to have soothing/healing properties and I'd heard lots of good things about them so let DD2 wear one. It's hard to measure if it really works as DD2 could just deal with the discomfort better through nature but it's harmless to let her wear the bracelet. I like to think that it really is doing some good.

Like others have said, teething goes on for months but has peaks where it hits high levels of discomfort then calms down again. Good luck X

user1490125589 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:26:12

Thank you guys.. no what i meant was how long does it last "the bad days" like she has her good days but yesterday was bad. I know it will go on for ever grin.. will try all them thank you so much xxx

kel1493 Wed 22-Mar-17 14:30:44

It depends. My lo had all his teeth by 18 months.
The only thing that worked for him was Calgel teething gel. And the nuby ice bites teething ring

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now