Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

5 week old baby all of a sudden can't burp

(4 Posts)
Dunnodunno Sun 19-Mar-17 21:28:49

Up until now my baby has been absolutely brilliant at getting his wind up. These last 2 days he has just stopped and is rarely getting a burp up at all. Had used gripe water previously when it was taking a while before but today I've tried it twice today and it's just taken all his milk up. Have recently started making bottles with the powder as was only using the ready made before. Could this be why ? HV also said they have a growth spurt around now and could be windier before this started . Would a growth spurt stop him getting his wind up. My previous baby was awful at gettin his wind up from the minute he was born and was a very unsettled baby up until around 6 months , never slept longer than 20 mins at a time unless you were holiding him . The thought of going through this again is quite upsetting 😞

Bluntness100 Sun 19-Mar-17 21:30:43

My daughter never burped, she ehrm, farted instead. Apparently some babies do..😂

I wouldn't be too concerned unless he is in obvious discomfort?

Dunnodunno Sun 19-Mar-17 21:43:05

Yeah he is in discomfort should of said .

user1481139951 Mon 20-Mar-17 12:47:48

My DS has terrible trouble getting his wind up too and is in a lot of discomfort from it. I find that sometimes it can take as long as 10/15 minutes of patting his back or walking with him over my shoulder before the burp comes up. I have also found that just sitting holding him upright on my knee helps bring the burp up eventually but lying him down flat or cradling him hurts him a lot as the wind can't get out. But sometimes if I just can't get the wind out I have to put him to sleep like it and he eventually passes it as a loud fart in the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now