Talk

Advanced search

Can't cope anymore

(9 Posts)
sharon12 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:35:08

So I'm ill, it's 5pm and all day long my children have fought, hit eachother, kicked eachother, wound eachother up. Thrown toys, slammed doors, chased eachother, not to mention the rediculas noise shouting and screamingB I've separated them over and over. They've both been sent to their rooms repeatedly to calm down. They've destroyed there rooms everytime and been made to clean up before coming bk down. I am seriously not well with a chest infection and head cold and they are still going! I am so upset! So upset that they can behave like this when they both know I'm unwell. I have no help here. Other half a away with work. No family to help. I just wanna lock myself in a different room! Just needed to vent!

flapjackfairy Sat 18-Mar-17 16:41:20

I am sure you know that kids are v self absorbed and your feelings are way down their priority list so dont take it personally
Hope you feel better soon and it will all seem much better then x.

user1476185294 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:42:51

I'd be issuing more serious consequences for bad behaviour and bribing like crazy to encourage good quiet activities. Packet of crisps each whilst watching a film? Or go to your rooms and don't come back down.

How old are they? If old enough can you guilt them into it? Old enough to do odd jobs for extra pocket money to keep them busy?

sharon12 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:47:13

I don't really know what else I can do..what harder consequences can I give them. They've been sent to their rooms for the night now... And had all toys confiscated.. They are currently both sounding like they're being murdered banging and smashing anything possible they're 3 and 5. I feel like my heads about to explode, I can barely open my eyes they hurt that bad. I don't need this screaming.

sharon12 Sat 18-Mar-17 16:49:18

For some reason today of all days they've decided they just want to wind eachother up. Snacks and film turns into fighting over said snacks and jumping on eachother until once again they get told off and separated, as for quiet activities...I don't think they know the meaning of the word today! They're both hyper and wild and awful!!

Pleasejustgetdressed Sat 18-Mar-17 19:41:06

I suppose your being ill has made them anxious and this is the only way they know how to show it?

flapjackfairy Sun 19-Mar-17 07:04:42

I hope you are feeling better today sharon and that it is a better day xxx

sharon12 Sun 19-Mar-17 22:05:01

Thank you. I am.. I at least don't have the headache and eye ache now.. I hate getting at the kids but I have really struggled on my own these last few days mainly because of the noise of them. Obviously me getting at them to be quiet constantly made them worse, like I was nagging. Just was never going to end well! We're all better now tho! And me and the 5y old talked it out and we both agreed we had both had a grumpy few days and both could have been better but we all make mistakes and love each other!

flapjackfairy Sun 19-Mar-17 22:18:32

Oh so glad.
We all struggle at times esp when ill. Sounds like you have handled it really well today x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now