Talk

Advanced search

Frustrated five year old depression?

(3 Posts)
ImTakingTheEssence Fri 17-Mar-17 22:14:20

I don't know how to start my partner and I both have five year olds. He has other children while I have an only child.
His son is in my opinion has something wrong with him the more time I spend with him the more I see.

He's very withdrawn sits beside his dad all night if he could hes just very silent. I try to encourage him to do things draw, paint playdoh etc. All he wants to do is play on his ipad or sit in silence staring into space.

My daughter is the polar opposite she trys to get him to play to do anything with her which he does then loses interest or crys saying he's been hit etc. Then it's back to sitting with us all night.

We've been together three years now and I thought he would be getting used to us but obviously not. He spends half the time at his mother's and the rest at his dad's. I don't know what goes on there but he's just so withdrawn when he comes to mine.

The other night he sat at the dining table for 2 hours not moving an inch refused food and activities just anything really. So my partner said he had had enough at that point and was taking him home. It was at this point he broke down in tears and said his mother was telling him to behave badly when he came to my house.

I lost it wanted to ring the mother etc but didn't as fear he would get punished by her. I cant put my finger on it but I know there's something not right with him.

It's getting to the stage now I dread him coming over or us all going out together because he just isn't interested in anything.

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Fri 17-Mar-17 22:17:30

Is he in front of a screen all the time? There's a bloody epidemic of 'zombie children' not learning how to interact socially or any life skills in general because they are stuck to an iPad or similar!

ImTakingTheEssence Fri 17-Mar-17 22:22:31

I think it is, he finds it so hard to settle at night because he's been on the ipad. He has no interest in drawing, playing with toys even riding a bike he just comes inside and sits down. It's like he doesnt know how to play. I dont know what goes on when im not there but think he must be given it quite alot! I dread saying this but I hope my daughters not heading the same way she got an ipad at Christmas and I've noticed her behaviour changing straight away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now