Talk

Advanced search

Portion size for 2yr old.

(3 Posts)
minusten Fri 17-Mar-17 17:30:41

My friend has just been over and commented on dds dinner. Is this loads??

She is obsessed with broccoli and would eat double that. I thought I was being restrained confusedblush

uhoh2016 Fri 17-Mar-17 18:46:58

Id probably give my ds the same portion but wouldn't be expecting him to clear the plate. Sometimes he will eat a bit of everything offered sometimes only 1 of the foods offered.

redroses86 Thu 23-Mar-17 11:49:36

I think this is fine, my DD is 2 and would work her way through this too. As said above sometimes she will eat all of it, sometimes she'll just pick at bits. Her appetite varys from week to week. She will go through a week of eating lots then a few days of eating less, it must be linked to growth. I would always rather offer her more so that she can choose how much she needs. There's never any pressure for her to 'finish it'.
People always feel the need to comment, for me it's SIL who Leah's comments on how much my DD eats. For what it's worth SIL doesn't have children and equally doesn't eat much food herself!
Ignore and carry on giving your child great food, like above!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now