Talk

Advanced search

6 week old activity

(5 Posts)
user1465146157 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:25:12

Hello does anyone have tips on how to develop a 6 week old or the kinds of things I could be doing at home?

Do babies this young feel boredom? What toys / play games are useful at this age?

Many thanks

LapinR0se Thu 16-Mar-17 07:37:37

At 6 weeks she le babies get very very easil over stimulated and overtired.
Maximum awake time should be around one hour in between naps and sleeps. During that awake time, you would do a feed, wind, nappy change and then just a little walk around the house to look in the mirror or out the window, a bit of tummy time and a kick on the playmat.
That's it!

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 16-Mar-17 07:43:31

Agree. It is basically impossible to 'play' with a baby of that age!!

NerrSnerr Thu 16-Mar-17 07:45:31

At that age everything is new so they are learning about the world every time they open their eyes. Just do what you want to do and enjoy all the cuddles. I found fresh air always broke the day up and helped with naps and I enjoyed baby groups basically because I spent most of the first few months sat breastfeeding so it was nice to do it in a different environment with cake and tea.

soundsystem Thu 16-Mar-17 10:23:26

Just chatting is good, you can describe what you're doing/what you can see. You can have little "conversations" and respond to the noises they make make (nb: if you do this in public people might give you funny looks!).

At that age he/she is possibly just starting to reach for things with little scrunched up fists? My DS (7 weeks) likes toys hanging within reach that he can swipe at - if they make an interesting noise even better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now