Talk

Advanced search

Advice for helping teething ds

(10 Posts)
StarDanced Wed 15-Mar-17 21:27:04

Hi. My ds is almost 3 months and has started teething. He is dribbling lots, chewing his fists and his bottom gums are harder. The hv also thought he'd started teething. He is really distressed and the pain is stopping him sleeping some days. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of how to help. The teething rings and gels you can put on the gums all seem to be 4 months plus so I'm not sure what to do for the next month.

mrsBeverleygoldberg Wed 15-Mar-17 21:34:18

Ashton and Parsons powder, and calpol. Also put teething rings or muslins in the freezer to cool them. Nothing really helped as it was the worst pain they'd ever had. Such a miserable time. I felt better doing stuff to try to help.

daisydalrymple Wed 15-Mar-17 21:37:52

I recommend teething powders too. I had the Ashton & parsons ones also, but there are other brands (nelsons teetha is one I recall, just incase you can't get a specific one).

Bear in mind it can be a couple of months (of misery!) before any cut through sometimes. Poor mite, hope it eases soon.

StarDanced Wed 15-Mar-17 21:41:53

Thank you both very much. I hadn't heard of teething powders so i'll look into those and see if they help ds.

Orangebird69 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:43:34

Anbesol liquid. Nothing else touched it for my ds (he had all 20 of his firsts teeth by 15 months 😮).

GirlElephant Wed 15-Mar-17 21:57:02

Agree with Ashton & parsons if old enough (can't recall if there is an age minimum).

Be wary of teething rings & toys being put in a freezer, sold can freeze to DCs tongue/lips. Mia by teething toys should only go in the fridge to be cooled. I keep two in the fridge for this reason.

Try different teething toys, my DS wasn't keen on Sophie the Giraffe for months but he liked his Gummee Glove & the Nuby teething toys I could put in the fridge

Phoenix76 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:05:00

Another Ashton & Parsons fan here, great stuff easy to give, mine actually like it!

daisydalrymple Wed 15-Mar-17 22:14:04

Oh I do recall something a bit like a toothbrush, but you put on your finger and can run along the baby's gums. (Cross between a thimble and a toothbrush maybe grin ). I didn't have them but remember reading about them on here.

something like these might help

Mynd Thu 23-Mar-17 23:20:55

Ah, I was going to say give him a chunk of cold cucumber to suck and gum on, but he's a bit little for that! Works a treat though for when he's older and still teething.

kel1493 Thu 23-Mar-17 23:22:42

Calgel is from 3 months and is the only thing that helped my lo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now