8yr old has completely changed!

(5 Posts)
thetreesarebare Tue 14-Mar-17 22:26:39

When he started nursery he was so shy & quiet, also at soft play/on holiday he struggled to make friends due to shyness. In the last year he has completely changed into an overbearing over confident naughty child. It doesn't matter what punishment he is given, he just doesn't seem to care. His school reports are bad, he is so cheeky to me & other family members. Everyone is commenting on the change. There have been no big changes in his life, we're extremely close as its just us. The school have said he's a nice kid but very easily led. He genuinely swells when I praise him so I try to praise him as much as possible but with his bad behaviour it's not very often. Iv took all his favourite things off him but still no difference. It's getting to the point where people don't want to invite us due to his behaviour. I'm praying it's a phase but what if it's not?

JonesyAndTheSalad Wed 15-Mar-17 08:42:41

Get him into something like drama or martial arts. Both would be good for getting rid of excess energy and he'd feel like he was acheiving something too. Discipline also good.

thetreesarebare Wed 15-Mar-17 09:40:14

I looked into martial arts but it's way too expensive at the moment. Drama is a brilliant idea but there is nothing like that local to us. He has recently enrolled in scouts but it's more fun than discipline. He loves it. Will keep looking drama or similar. Thank you.

JonesyAndTheSalad Wed 15-Mar-17 11:23:52

Football club locally? They tend to be cheap.

thetreesarebare Thu 16-Mar-17 09:13:35

I looked at football but I can't commit to it due to work. It's difficult fitting in extra activities but not impossible if they are at certain times/days. Iv emailed a drama class that's not too far away to find out details. I actually think that would be the perfect outlet at the moment. Just hope it's do able. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now