Talk

Advanced search

smaller than average fontanelle

(3 Posts)
gintonicgin Tue 14-Mar-17 14:38:02

Just that really. Have just come back from dd six week check (she is a couple of weeks older than that - disorganised mumma) All seemed fine but at the end the Dr said she has a smaller than average fontanelle so would like to see her again in 4 weeks time. I think her head circumference was normal. The appearance of her head is fine and she has been hitting her milestones.

The Dr was pretty vague and now I have got home I've started to panic 😞 Wish I asked the implications of this. Does anyone know? Had any experience of this? Tia

JonesyAndTheSalad Wed 15-Mar-17 08:49:08

Here is a comforting thread about it

www.essentialkids.com.au/forums/index.php?/topic/791098-fontanelles-closing-too-early/

It's from another forum but from what I can see, it's generally fine. In rare cases they do an operation...but it doesn't seem to be an issue which would affect development..it seems to be a physical thing which from time to time needs a bit of help.

gintonicgin Wed 15-Mar-17 16:16:12

Thank you for replying and finding that thread. I was too scared to look as I know what Dr. Google can do! Had never heard of this problem before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now