Talk

Advanced search

2yr old always in trouble.

(4 Posts)
Rainbowsockstoday Sat 11-Mar-17 16:32:33

My son is two and is always being told off by his dad. I think I have a lot of patience for him and as I'm only working part time I think he listens to me more so doesn't ever get in trouble. When his dad is home though my DH is constantly calling him naughty and telling him off. Little things HAVE changed as he's got older and some I do tell him aren't nice but I don't call him naughty. For example if he does something like pour his drink over the floor he'll say someone else did it and deny it even though he's the only one here. That's a recent thing and I tell him that we have to tell the truth. His dad though will tell him it's naughty and he's a naughty boy. It really upsets me but I don't know how to tell a very energetic two year old that he has to behave when his dad is home and just not annoy him!

Wolfiefan Sat 11-Mar-17 16:39:19

You need to decide together how to sea with behaviour. It is naughty to tip drink on the floor of a child is old enough to know not to. I wouldn't call a hold naughty though. It's the behaviour I have a problem with. Not the child.
The fact you say he doesn't ever get in trouble with you makes me think you don't discipline him and that annoys your husband.

Rainbowsockstoday Sat 11-Mar-17 16:48:09

He doesn't need discipline when he's with me because he always does as he's told first time and I don't really mind if he runs around and burns off energy. When his dad is around though he's. No different but his dad doesn't like him running about and being silly. We went out for lunch one day and he was laughing and singing and wanting me to take him to look around but his dad got angry and didn't understand why he couldn't just sit and wait. In no way was my son disturbing anyone and he wasn't running wild he just wanted someone to take him to look round rather than sit still for half an hour whilst his food was cooked.

Wolfiefan Sat 11-Mar-17 16:49:57

You need to agree. I am afraid I don't believe any child NEVER misbehaves. I think you and your husband have very different ideas of what's acceptable which leads to the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now