Talk

Advanced search

14 month old hitting self

(4 Posts)
RhoLondon Sat 11-Mar-17 15:51:39

Whenever my DD gets frustrated or when things don't go her way she hits herself on the head with her hands or and object or she bangs her head against something. She looks at me whilst she does it and I have to stop her. What am I doing wrong?. I didn't teach her this.

Touchacat Sat 11-Mar-17 17:00:18

You're not doing anything wrong, it's pretty common. My dd does this and she's 20 months. It's improved a bit as she's got older. I don't know what the solution is but I think it's got better as she's learnt that it hurts and found other ways to channel her frustration. I tried not to react too much when she did it so she didn't get attention for doing it and I think now she's a bit older, I can encourage her to try again at whatever's frustrating her and she has more understanding of this now.

Summerdays2014 Sat 11-Mar-17 19:25:16

My 14 month son does exactly the same. Hoping it's a(nother) phase...

halfofme Sun 12-Mar-17 19:12:56

Nothing useful to say but my ds is 20 months and does exactly this.
Especially if he is told no or told not to do something he slaps his face and then cries. It's awful and I hate it but I guess it's just another phase, there's been enough already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now