Talk

Advanced search

To feed in the night?

(7 Posts)
creaser Tue 07-Mar-17 13:50:52

My 13 week old DD has been feeding at 10.30pm and then 3.30-4am for a fair few weeks then we start our day at 7 as I need to do the school run.

This last week she has been refusing the 7am bottle she just isn't hungry then so when she has been waking at 3.30-4 I have just been leaving her to settle back to sleep which she does she doesn't cry she just disturbs non stop up to 7am.

She will now have that bottle but isn't starving she wakes up full of gummy smiles. However her disturbing next to me for over 3 hours is taking its toll on me more then getting up and doing the night feed.

Just can't work out what's disturbing her. Or how to get her to go that final bit without disturbing. Any ideas?

creaser Tue 07-Mar-17 16:12:06

Anyone?

Shamoffour Tue 07-Mar-17 16:22:42

I would say it's a sign she doesn't need her night bottle anymore.
Could you try gently reducing how much she has in the night?

Shamoffour Tue 07-Mar-17 16:24:31

Sorry I didn't read your post properly. Could you just give her a couple of oz to settle her? It might just be a change in sleep patterns that is waking her?

Apfelbunny Tue 07-Mar-17 16:26:30

Maybe she's hungry.
Mine won't sleep unless they have a full tummy. Maybe offer morning feed later when they are hungry if not being hungry for breakfast is what's stopping you feeding at night a second time (seems to be what you've implied)

Comealongpond89 Tue 07-Mar-17 16:40:51

The morning bottle was the first one my dd dropped. She just wasn't hungry. Maybe keep giving urs her night feeds and not worry about the morning one so much. I also started weening at 4 and a half months because dd just wasn't interested in milk

creaser Tue 07-Mar-17 17:19:52

It's tough to drop the morning one as I have to get her up to do the school run. If I feed her at 4 she would want it between 8-9 but that's just not viable. If I leave it till I'm back at 9 fear she'll be screaming.

She doesn't get upset just wriggles and moves then back to sleep every 15 minutes. Still isn't that hungry at 7 without the feed. I don't think it's hunger hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now