Talk

Advanced search

Unusual Toilet regression help

(2 Posts)
kksm Sun 26-Feb-17 22:06:22

Hi,

We have 3.5 year old and 4.5 months old daughters. The 3.5 has been wonderful with her sister but her behaviours has been really difficult since Christmas.

The biggest issue at the moment is the toilet. She has been potty trained since May, her Call, and was at the point (since June) where she would request to go rather than us keep checking up on her.

SInce late December she has been having accidents- wees- in her knickers. Not full down the leg accidents, just like big dribble.

It's ten weeks now and it's gotten to the point where we are having to remind her every 90 minutes to go, and even then she will still have accidents. One day she had 5!!!!!

She was making a small bit of progress this past week and then today it reached a new low; she had two poo accidents. The first happened while she was in the bathroom her holding it in, and seemed to be a genuine accident but she wouldn't go on her own accord. She was rocking back and forth so I asked her (as I always do) if she needed to go and she said no (as she always does lately) so I made her go on the toilet and it was only after she finished going that I discovered she had gone in her pants first,

Later on she did it again and she gave me the answer she's been giving me all week, "she wanted to have a secret".

I've taken a sample to gp and there's no infection or anything. Can't understand what's going on. It took 2 days for her to get dry in may and she stopped having accidents after 5 days. Now it's been ten weeks and we aren't even we close as we were then.

Would appreciate any advice

JonesyAndTheSalad Mon 27-Feb-17 02:50:23

To be perfectly frank, I would be concerned about abuse.

Sudden accidents coupled with "having a secret" would set alarm bells ringing in my head.

Is there any reason for you to be concerned about this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now