Talk

Advanced search

3yo DS shouting constantly

(8 Posts)
FemaleDilbert Sun 26-Feb-17 18:47:19

Does anyone else experience this?

We have a DS who has just turned 3. He shouts ALL THE TIME. It's constant, whether he's happy or sad - always shouting. confused

We have an older DD who was never like this. Is this a boy thing? Or is this abnormal?

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Sun 26-Feb-17 19:00:47

My son is like this. He's 4.5. It's really flipping annoying! angry

FemaleDilbert Sun 26-Feb-17 19:53:03

The thing is, this being my only DS I'm starting to worry where the border between normal and abnormal lies, although to be fair he's generally mainly like this at home and much better in public/other people's homes

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 26-Feb-17 19:55:42

Has he had his hearing checked? Someone in my class used to shout all the time and was always getting told off eventually it was found out he was shouting because he couldn't hear himself.

User1483300717 Sun 26-Feb-17 20:04:32

I was just going to say the same thing as the above poster. About geting his hearing checked. Very common to shout if any hearing problems.

SirNiallDementia Sun 26-Feb-17 20:11:32

DS was a shouter at around age 3/4, took him to the Dr and both his ears were completely blocked with wax <grim>.

Ear drops sorted out one ear but the other one had to be syringed.

FemaleDilbert Sun 26-Feb-17 20:33:53

he has had his hearing checked and it is fine. Ironically it was because he wasn't talking at 2.5 and we wanted to see if there was an issue, but none with hearing. At 3 now he never shuts up! Whilst I'm happy his language is now fine and 'normal' I just wish it was at a lower decibel

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 26-Feb-17 20:39:18

Did he have any speech therapy at 2.5? I had speech therapy and started to speak with a bit if a South African accent as this was how the therapist spoke, if the therapist was a little on the loud side he may have picked this up. If he hasn't had his hearing tested in the last 6 months I would get it done again tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now