Talk

Advanced search

Lower or raise my expectations?

(7 Posts)
Whereisme Sun 26-Feb-17 11:17:40

I have 3 boys who are 9, 7 and 7. I am worried that their behaviour, especially that of the twins, is too babyish. For example, they often talk in silly voices to each other and other members of the family; they have their special cuddly toys which they always steal off each other to wind each other up (we have tried to stop this by saying that these toys must stay in their rooms and not be bought downstairs, but this hasn't really helped); they all muck around when getting dressed or ready for bed as well as when we're trying to leave the house and they are always rolling about on the floor and pulling cushions of the sofa etc. The twins also still have tantrums every few weeks. To me this all seems really babyish behaviour, but then sometimes I think I need to lower my expectations. I would appreciate your thoughts and also any help that you can give as I think I must be doing something wrong, especially when I see my friends children behaving beautifully.

Whereisme Sun 26-Feb-17 14:20:36

Anyone?

highinthesky Sun 26-Feb-17 14:21:57

If you were to expose your children to others, their behaviour would change quickly.

Whereisme Sun 26-Feb-17 14:32:42

Unfortunately they have been known to cry/have a tantrum while waiting for their older brother in the playground!
Do you think the silly voices, constant mucking around is normal?

MeNeedSleep Sun 26-Feb-17 21:06:51

I have a 7yr old. Only one though so i guess the dynamics are different.

There's lots of mucking about though, jumping around on sofas, hiding under duvet at bedtime. Lots and lots of winding his little sister up!
But never baby voices.
He does have a teddy though, but only at bedtime.

When his friend is here they muck about alot more

MeNeedSleep Sun 26-Feb-17 21:07:31

My 7yr old doesn't cry or tantrum. He does sulk and grump though

Whereisme Sun 26-Feb-17 22:59:25

Thanks for your reply. They are lovely, kind boys, but just seem to get over excited so quickly!
Glad that mine aren't the only ones who jump on sofas etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now