Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it normal?

(2 Posts)
PuffTheMagicDragon1 Sat 25-Feb-17 23:15:34

Me and DP went out for a very rare night out tonight leaving 4 month old DS with my mum, he has stayed with her before but probably not for over a month. After our meal I saw I'd had a missed call from my mum (signal wasn't great in restaurant) I called back and baby was screaming and all I could make out was "he just won't stop" panic mode set in and we got a taxi to my mums luckily only 5 mins away. Could hear him screaming from the street! Got in the house she handed him to me and he immediately stopped, he'd screamed and cried himself sick and was catching his breath back. He has been happy as Larry since and is now sound asleep so I'm not concerned anything is wrong. I'm sure this is just a part of parenthood and I'm more than happy to go running to console him but just worried I will never be able to leave him. He gets left with people occasionally and grandparents have had him a few times overnight, he's always been a bit unsettled but never anything like this. Any advice?

JonesyAndTheSalad Sun 26-Feb-17 01:49:07

Both mine did this. It's awful but I do think it's normal for some babies. Some don't care but others know you're gone and nobody else will do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now