Talk

Advanced search

Squabbling siblings driving me bonkers!

(8 Posts)
ThreesMyMagicNumber Wed 22-Feb-17 21:46:36

My eldest DS are 8 and 6 and very different characters. They squabble over everything imaginable and it is really starting to wear me down.
Sometimes it seems that everyone else's children play nicely together and it's just mine who seem incapable of it!
Please tell me I am not alone and that it will one day get easier!

goneloopy Fri 24-Feb-17 10:42:20

I feel your pain OP. I have DC 9 and 6 and they bicker constantly. It doesn't Ives me insane! confused

goneloopy Fri 24-Feb-17 15:51:02

Eh what was I on when I wrote that!! I meant to say it drives me insane! blush

winekeepsmesane Fri 24-Feb-17 16:13:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Fri 24-Feb-17 16:19:23

7 & 5 here, they can play nicely together but I figure they think it's way more fun to squabble & fight hmm

Brighteyes27 Fri 24-Feb-17 16:30:05

Sorry about this but no good news. I have DS 13 and DD 12 and they have driven me up the wall this week arguing fighting winding me and each other up (not helped because all their friends have been away this week and the weather up north has been awful). Although they are having a break as they are both playing the same game on the iPads and being helpful. Their bad behavior seems to come in waves.

LongDivision Fri 24-Feb-17 16:34:09

I fought with my brother until age 21...but on the bright side, it's good practise for them to have resilience in life.. grinwine

ThreesMyMagicNumber Fri 24-Feb-17 22:12:18

Thanks everyone (I think!)

Funnily enough, the next morning after me posting, they played together beautifully for a good half hour, which is almost unheard of. How is that kids seem to sense when you are about to lose it and have a turn around? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now