Talk

Advanced search

Silly loud kids

(5 Posts)
192faye Tue 21-Feb-17 18:39:48

So i have a 5 year old and 3 year old. Both boys... They drive me crazy at the minute! They both have very loud crazy personalities.. They are both little jokers and spend there days winding eachother, and me, up!
Its Absolutely exhausting me! How do i calm them down! From the moment we wake up they run around screaming and diving on eachother.. Ive lost count of the amount of times i separate them, put them in different rooms etc but as soon as they are together theyre behaving like clowns again!
Its putting me off taking them out and about as they are suhc hard work. I feel like im constantly getting at them. That said its easier to be out with them than in. At home i try and entertain them with painting crafting reading building gaming, everything but qlot of the time they just ruin the activity being silly with eachother.
Help!

coco1983 Fri 24-Feb-17 21:02:13

I only have one and I feel like this sometimes! I don't think you can really stop them, it's just kids being kids. My strategy is to build in 'quiet times' regularly throughout the day to keep my sanity. At 5 and 3 they should be old enough to understand the concept of sitting quietly for 10 minutes, whether that is with a book, or listening to music, or painting. During this time the rule is 'no talking unless it's an emergency'. Just gives you a chance to catch your breath a bit!

carlytre Sat 25-Feb-17 15:53:36

I thought the 5 year old would be out of this stafe by now to be honest. But now he just seems to get a kick out of winding his brother up.. :-// i keep them out as much as i can so i dont have to worry as much about the shouting screaming and diving all over.. But jeez in the house i cant stand it! X

192faye Sat 25-Feb-17 15:57:12

Yeah i thought the older one would be out of this stage too.. But like u say they start to wind the younger ones up! Guess its normal! And guess i better buy some warmer coats to keep them out more! 😂

Didiplanthis Sat 25-Feb-17 19:48:58

I have just 5 yr old twins and I would say it's driven by your older one as mine were fine until about 6 months ago but now have to be constantly touching, poking, shoving, wrestling, arguing over nothing. It's incessant. No advice but much sympathy !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now