Talk

Advanced search

Does wind disappear at 12 weeks

(4 Posts)
creaser Tue 21-Feb-17 10:25:07

My little girl 11weeks has suffered with wind since birth. Infacol gripe water dr brown bottles all bought with minimal difference but not bad enough to warrant the docs. Just takes ages to give a bottle still struggle to get many ounces down her disturbed her sleep and generally makes her a bit grisly. I have hear after 12 weeks this all gets better would be a miraculous transformation in 1 week.
What are others experience with this does it happen overnight or does it get gradually better?

OddShoe Tue 21-Feb-17 10:28:22

I've never heard the 12 weeks thing or experienced it with my two. Sorry sad

From what I remember it gradually got better then once they can sit up it pretty much dissappears.

AyeAmarok Tue 21-Feb-17 10:31:36

I found that from about 10 weeks it was no longer as much effort to get the wind up, I could just hold him sitting upright and jiggle the wind out quite easily. He also burps during a feed himself (burping at the breast, he so rude). And can sometimes bring up his own wind quite easily if he's upright.

It's definitely gradual though.

creaser Tue 21-Feb-17 14:13:36

Thanks guys I thought as much will just keep cracking on grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now