Talk

Advanced search

Help - stripping baby

(16 Posts)
redheadlady Mon 20-Feb-17 16:12:47

When my dad goes to bed I find her with her jama bottoms off, vest undone and nappy off (she can get both a normal nappy and pull ups off). She can get out of sleeping bags, baby grows, vests and jama bottoms.... Any suggestions before I find she's weed all over her mattress!? She's only just 17months so not potty trained (and to be honest I don't think she's anywhere near ready for that). Please help!

InTheDessert Mon 20-Feb-17 16:19:01

Can she get the nappy off if you put it on back to front??

Notso Mon 20-Feb-17 16:26:28

Put the sleeping bag on backwards?

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Mon 20-Feb-17 16:27:59

Everything back-to-front.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Mon 20-Feb-17 16:28:55

Though she might be hot, so perhaps fewer layers or thinner ones?

picklemepopcorn Mon 20-Feb-17 16:34:29

There used to be sheets with sleeves built into them. I can't remember how they worked, but they gently limited child's movements.

redheadlady Mon 20-Feb-17 16:45:07

Sleeping bag inside out worked for a while, then she figured that out too. Transitioned to duvet so she could regulate her temp a bit better and she just has a long sleeved vest and bottoms on (no socks or anything). Not tried nappy back to front would it be as absorbant (obviously more absorbant than no nappy), this afternoon she wrangled off a pull up nappy confused

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Mon 20-Feb-17 17:11:14

My dc stayed in sleeping bags until 3.5-4y. (One only came out of sleeping bag because he had a high bed and it wasn't safe on the ladder. The others stayed in sleeping bags until they physically outgrew them.)

For temperature regulation I would just adjust how much they wore under it.

My escape artist never escaped the sleeping back back-to-front with zip pinned shut using an old-fashioned nappy pin!

Notso Mon 20-Feb-17 17:24:11

Could try putting a waterproof wrap from reusable nappies over her nappy/pull up, one with poppers obviously.

empirerecordsrocked Mon 20-Feb-17 17:28:39

Duct tape over the nappy tabs.

drspouse Mon 20-Feb-17 17:35:32

Back to front romper (no feet or hood obviously), zip is better as they will be able to undo poppers eventually.
The popper type reusable nappy wraps (washable covers) help too. Little Lamb brand are pretty reasonable especially second hand. Just wash with the rest of the clothes.

redheadlady Mon 20-Feb-17 17:41:52

Undoing poppers is where this all started, she can get out of any romper with poppers, even the ones that go over the head and only fasten at the groin. Same with sleeping bags she just pulls it until they pop (she's so strong). We're having another baby in may so in an ideal world the sleeping bag thing wasn't too big a deal because I was wanting to transition her to a bed so the baby can have the cot when she leaves our room.
She can do zips if she can get hold of the zipper.... Not tried pinning it but tbh how she is I'd be terrified of her getting pin off and either hurting herself or swallowing it.

Runningbutnotscared Mon 20-Feb-17 20:27:41

I use a back to front sleeping bag with a zip. It's one meant for use in the car, so there are two zip pulls, I make sure they meet under his bottom. That way he can't reach them and they are not uncomfortable to sleep on.

RandomMess Mon 20-Feb-17 20:36:50

sleep bag back to front with a safety NAPPY pin through the zipper hole and pinned shut

grin

AppleYumYum Tue 21-Feb-17 23:55:17

This is my ds aged 3! So many wet beds in the middle of the night! The romper with a zip backwards helps. My friend swears by gaffa tape around the nappy or maybe you could tape the zip down?

What I've noticed though is that he does it on the nights when he isn't tired when he goes to bed, when he's had a long nap. So his first thought must be hmmm bit bored lets Houdini myself out of my nappy and pjs. If he's exhausted though he falls asleep before he can get to them. He's a super grump without a nap but I've been either cutting it out or waking him early. So maybe look at earlier or shorter naps or wearing her out?

redheadlady Wed 22-Feb-17 13:36:07

Thank you @appleyumyum she seems to do it if I do t go into to her straight away in the morning or if I put her down for a nap when she isn't quite ready (tho there's Jo way of telling!) so it might well be a boredom thing. I think an inside out zip up romper might be a good idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now