Talk

Advanced search

Misbehaving at the Dinner Table

(2 Posts)
Corky Wed 28-Feb-07 16:57:33

My DS of 24 months misbehaves at every mealtime. After 1 or 2 mouthfuls he throws his cutlery and then pushes himself away from the table (in either highchair or booster seat). I have reached the end of my tether as he just seems to have ants in his pants the whole time. At the moment I just take his food away and he ends up eating next to nothing. Is this still the right course of action - any tips to get him to sit still? I have a 4 year old DD who sits angelically - roll on the next 2 years ......

northernfrozenmama Wed 28-Feb-07 17:07:30

I have this trouble with both my 2 & 4 year olds... sometimes my 2years isn't hungry. If that's the case, I let him go, and offer later. More often than not though, he's overtired. Then I load up the fork & give it to him, saying he has to eat three/four (whatever the magic number is) mre bites befrore he can be excused. Sometimes it works, other times, not. My kids don't get to pick a bedtime snack if they don't eat their suupers,I pick so that they get a super healthy something before bed.

Good luck, and this too shall pass!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now