Talk

Advanced search

11 year old ds behaviour

(3 Posts)
Bertie35 Tue 14-Feb-17 22:46:14

My ds has always been a difficult child but lately his behaviour at home is becoming worse and I don't know how to handle it in the best way. I feel like he tries to control me and manipulate me and when he doesn't get his own way he makes sure everyone else suffers and knows about it. He has recently started high school and his dad moved out just under a year ago and although hes always been stubborn and prone to tantrums the bigger and older he's getting the harder he is to discipline. I try to keep calm and be consistent and when I say no I mean no so I don't understand why he just keeps going. When he's in one of his moods he's relentless and can go on for hours. It's exhausting. He's fine at school.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 19-Feb-17 17:20:20

Sorry @Bertie35, I haven't got time to answer now but wondered if you'd tried the Pre-teens section?

Hopefully this will bump for you though smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 19-Feb-17 17:35:06

I'm back although I don't know if I can help much. It does sound tough, how does it usually end? Does he give up? Are you on speaking terms with his Dad? Just wondered if you could talk to DS together?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now